Saturday, August 21, 2010

Some things that REALLY irritates me

Yeah, crazy homework, crazy studies, crazy parents, crazy teachers can really get on my nerves sometimes. But what really irritates me the most was when someone asks something that you have already answered before.

Just an example:

Son: I just wrote an email to our form teacher to say that my friend and me will not be going to school tomorrow.

Mother: Did you include your friends name in your email? I heard that he will not be going to school tomorrow too.

Well, that is EXACTLY what happened to me today. Just that I tweaked the events a bit in the example. The example is just a short extract of the events. The whole conversation you will find out that the Son have been answering the exact same question over and over, although the way the question is phrased may be different. Obviously I got mad at my mum and I shouted, immediately regretting it later.

What does this kind of conversation show? It can show two things, the mother is only concerned about what she is trying is to put forward and did not know the son is actually trying to clear her doubts. The next thing is that the mother does not trust the son, hence repeatedly asking the question to assure herself that the son is telling the truth.

In my opinion, the second option is absurd, because in the example above, you cant say the mother could not trust the son in adding his friend's name in the email. Hence, I take the first option.

This kind of attitude is definitely flawed. Listening is the key to understanding and preventing misconceptions. You have your time later to put forward you point or your question. Listen to what the other guy is talking about and it will definitely prevent misconception. People with this kind of attitude can be deemed to be selfish, only caring about their own points, their own thoughts.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that this kind of attitude is quite common among people. People tend to think they are always right and others are always wrong, is this human nature? Perhaps yes, perhaps not. It leaves you to decide.

I am feeling really sleepy after the long fight with my mum. Today's post shall be a short one. Goodbye.

No comments: